Download VLC Media Player 2.2.1 (32 Bit & 64 Bit) - VLC Media Player (formerly VideoLAN Client) could be a extremely transportable transmission player for varied audio and video formats, together with MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGG, moreover as for DVDs, VCDs, and varied streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
With a replacement audio core, hardware coding and secret writing, port to mobile platforms, preparation for Ultra-HD video and a special care to support a lot of formats, 2.1 could be a major upgrade for VLC.
Rincewind contains a new rendering pipeline for audio, with higher effiency, volume and device management, to enhance VLC audio support. It supports several new devices inputs, formats, data and improves most of this ones, making ready for the next-gen codecs.
VLC New Features:
- Rewritten video output core and modules, allowing blending in GPU.
- Shader support in the OpenGL output, for conversion, including 10bits.
- Video outputs for Windows 8 and 7, Android, iOS and OS/2.
- Debanding, grain, denoising and anti-flickering filters.
- Deinterlacing filter, including an Inverse Telecine algorithm.
- Resamplers for higher quality audio.
- Dynamic range compressor and karaoke filters.
- Simplification of the audio core for faster processing.
- Audio outputs for iOS, Android and OS/2.
- Multi-threaded decoding for H.264, MPEG-4/Xvid and WebM.
- Support for 10bits codecs, WMV image and some other codecs.
- Rewritten support for images, including jpeg, png, xcf, bmp etc.
- Important changes in RealVideo and Real Format support.
- CrystalHD cards and Android OpenMAX support for hardware decoding.
- And many more features...